Personal info

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
A blog of Post-Capitalist critique in general, economic, philosophical and political analyses, Post-Capitalist poetry and prose, Post-Capitalist philology, book reviews, Postcapitalist news, interviews, praxis, art and much more! For the record, Davide Ferri is a Postcapitalist, who graduated with a B.A.Economics(Honours) degree from Shri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi University, India. He currently lives and works in Mumbai.

Search

Loading...

Flags

free counters

NEWS

-ADD THIS BLOG TO FAVOURITES to stay tuned on post-Capitalist writings, poetry, polls, excerpts and videos!
-FOR PDF COPIES OF MY WORKS AND RESEARCH SHARING FOLLOW ME ON ACADEMIA.EDU:
http://srcc.academia.edu/DavideFerri

Monday, 25 February 2013

THE PROBLEMS OF DEMOCRATIC CENTRALISM AND THEIR SOLUTIONS


Davide Ferri - The Problems Of Democratic Centralism and their Solutions

What to do for the making of a Participatory Front and How to do that
[Get an updated free PDF version on my academia profile here: here]
"INDEX:

INDEX:
1.   INTRODUCTION
Hereby I have discussed my reasons and objectives.
2.   A NON-PARTICIPATORY HISTORY OF COMMUNIST DISUNITY
Within this chapter I have outlined the impotence of individualised Communist parties across the world and mentioned the South Asian scenario.
3.   THE PROBLEMS OF DEMOCRATIC CENTRALISM, COMMUNIST PARTY POLITICS AND SOVIET REPRESENTATIVE DEMOCRACY
In this chapter, I have introduced lottery-based democracy. In order to explain the concept of Democratic Centralism, I have analysed the Constitution of the Communist Party of India (Marxist) and its political implications. I have also mentioned Lenin’s and the Social Democratic support towards representative democracy. With this chapter, I shall argue that Democratic Centralism is one of the reasons behind the Left’s disunity in the XXI century.
4.  THE REASONS FOR A PARTICIPATORY FRONT. SOME EXAMPLES OF PARTICIPATORY POLITICS Here, I have pointed out why a participatory front is important and discussed many features of Bolivarianism, as well as the historical significance of the Five-Star movement in Italy.
5.   IDEOLOGICAL CONFUSION IN THE LEFT: THE IMPORTANCE OF PLANNING
I have mentioned the concept of planning, problem with money relations in Leninist countries, the advantage of labour-time accounting, the potential of welfare associations and social centres. I have also elucidated the problematic character of left’s segmentation and the importance of participatory ideas.
6.   THE PROBLEMS OF UNDIALECTICAL REFORMISM
In this chapter, I have talked about aprioristic reformism as opposed to tactical reformism.
7.   PRE-REVOLUTIONARY PERIOD:  A PARTICIPATORY CONSTITUTIONAL FRONT AND DEMARCHIC PRAXIS TO GO BEYOND THE LEFT’S DISUNITY
From chapter 7 onwards I have begun to illustrate my theory of revolution and describe a participatory way of implementing pre-revolutionary praxis, by means of a tool called “Participatory Constitutional Front”.
8.   PRE-REVOLUTIONARY PERIOD: THE WELFARE ASSOCIATIONS’ NETWORK
I have illustrated how a network of welfare associations could be put into practise. I have discussed its historical significance for the achievement of a radical change through and against bourgeois politics. Also, I have specified the difference between spokesmanship and representation.
9.   PRE-REVOLUTIONARY PERIOD: REVOLUTIONARY ACCOUNTANCY
Here, I have discussed my theory of revolutionary accountancy for the pre-revolutionary period, which deals with a feasible quantification of the social impact of both progressive and reactionary labour. With this chapter, I shall argue that Leftists could organise a revolutionary accountancy (based on Marx’s Labour Theory Value) that could greatly contribute to the coming of a radical change and give a clear revolutionary direction to workers and activists.
10.                    POST-REVOLUTIONARY PERIOD: DEMARCHIC COMMUNISM
Here, I have elucidated general politico-economic characteristics of Postcapitalism.
11.                    THE CONCEPT OF HISTORICAL PRODUCTIVITY: THE PRECONDITIONING FOR A THEORY OF CONTEMPLATION
In this chapter, I have dealt with philosophy, mass communication and religion.
I have presented my theory of dialectical morality and mentioned features of Islam, Hindu Mysticism, Christianity, the concept of violence etcetera to introduce  a theory of contemplation, which could help the Postcapitalist activists to get a more appealing praxis with the workers.
12.                    ART FOR THE BOURGEOIS, ANTI-ART FOR THE COMMON PEOPLE
Here, having introduced my concept of historical productivity, I have discussed the concepts of art and anti-art and explained a way to render art historically productive, providing examples.
13.                    CONCLUSIONS
I have provided the readers with a small recap of the book.
14.                    BIBLIOGRAPHY

No comments:

Post a Comment