Personal info

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
A blog of Post-Capitalist critique in general, economic, philosophical and political analyses, Post-Capitalist poetry and prose, Post-Capitalist philology, book reviews, Postcapitalist news, interviews, praxis, art and much more! For the record, Davide Ferri is a Postcapitalist, who graduated with a B.A.Economics(Honours) degree from Shri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi University, India. He currently lives and works in Mumbai.

Search

Loading...

Flags

free counters

NEWS

-ADD THIS BLOG TO FAVOURITES to stay tuned on post-Capitalist writings, poetry, polls, excerpts and videos!
-FOR PDF COPIES OF MY WORKS AND RESEARCH SHARING FOLLOW ME ON ACADEMIA.EDU:
http://srcc.academia.edu/DavideFerri

Wednesday, 6 July 2011

IN THE FORM OF AN ANGEL

IN THE FORM OF AN ANGEL

I knew I would have stayed in your mind
in dark times, a cognitive angel, a guardian to find
I knew I would have been your 'reference sign'
when I successfully died.

In this form,
I defended destitute people
from your own
servile 'liberal evil'.
I gave you strength to fight back!
Aims, expectations, choked your alienation
to fill up this scarcity, comprehend this lack
as their repression is mere 'representation'
of boss-friendly parliament seats,
so far from our needs.

Yet, you understood
I was there, I kept making you brood
'bout their weapons
religions and prisons
and markets, posh carpets
all stuff which kept making you forget

Then, as an oblivious angel, I asked
"how come I'm still here, as your material care?"
And you said, without sticky old masks
“people are too fond of you to stop viewing your flare"

Davide Ferri
Delhi, 06/07/2011

1 comment:

  1. your poetry is like music..its not meant to be read but meant to be heard and lipsynced into a song.play a tune to them i pray..

    ReplyDelete