Personal info

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
A blog of Post-Capitalist critique in general, economic, philosophical and political analyses, Post-Capitalist poetry and prose, Post-Capitalist philology, book reviews, Postcapitalist news, interviews, praxis, art and much more! For the record, Davide Ferri is a Postcapitalist, who graduated with a B.A.Economics(Honours) degree from Shri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi University, India. He currently lives and works in Mumbai.

Search

Loading...

Flags

free counters

NEWS

-ADD THIS BLOG TO FAVOURITES to stay tuned on post-Capitalist writings, poetry, polls, excerpts and videos!
-FOR PDF COPIES OF MY WORKS AND RESEARCH SHARING FOLLOW ME ON ACADEMIA.EDU:
http://srcc.academia.edu/DavideFerri

Saturday, 2 July 2011

I JUST KNOW WHAT I'M NOT

I JUST KNOW WHAT I'M NOT

I just know what I'm not
I'm not certainly a hero of my folk
least of all
the hero of my mediocre life, of my Whole,
The protagonist, the leader they want.

Neither I wish to see
nor I was meant to be
what the accumulators by means of their lies
stole for the best years of their life.

I am sorry,
so sorry not to be your hero, my people
so alone
so unreachable,
so very far from your needs,
from your silent shouts,
which really strive in poor rural scenes.

for now.

I'm just in the form of a cold alien subject
surrounded by objects

I embody what's more bluntly blind
The symbol of eras which left you behind.

I'll surely come back
I'll return with a rumble,
more as a man,
and less as a symbol.

Davide Ferri
Mysore, 15/06/11

No comments:

Post a Comment